How to customize my store?
In this article:
How to customize your store
How to change the store name and URL
In the Customization editor, go to Branding > Store Info and change your store name.
Note: Changing the store name will not automatically change your store URL.
To change your store URL:
- Exit the Customization editor (click X in the top left corner)
- Click Go to Dashboard (top right corner of your store page preview)
- Go to Store settings > General settings
- Edit the Store link bar
- Click Update
If you want to use your own custom domain, go to this article for detailed setup instructions.
The store logo appears on your store page as well as on the emails your customers receive from you and on your product download pages.
To change your store logo:
- Go to Customization editor
- Go to Branding
- Go to the Store info subsection
- Click on the store logo OR the Upload link
- Upload the new logo image
Note: Make sure to use a logo in the recommended size (max 12MB) and dimensions (160x160 px).
Store headline and header image customization
- The store Header image is the large cover image that shows up on your main store page.
- The store Headline shows up on the header image as a large text (it can also be made blank).
- The store Description is the smaller text that appears under the Headline.
To change any of these elements:
- Go to the Customization editor
- Go to Branding
- Go to the Header section
- Upload a store cover image by clicking on the image OR the Upload link
- Type in a store Headline or leave it blank
- Type in a brief store Description or leave it blank
- Click Save
Note: Make sure the store cover image matches the recommended dimensions (1920 x 350px) and size (max 12MB).
You can also customize your store Header image and text color.
The options you'll be able to change are:
- Make the Header appear in compact view or full-sized
- Apply a black overlay to the Header image or remove it
- Choose the background color if you're not using a cover (header) image
- Change the header text color
Here's how the Compact view looks like in comparison to the full-sized version of the Header image:
Here's how the Header image looks like without the black overlay (top image) and with the overlay (bottom image):
To customize your Header:
- Go to Style
- Go to the Header subsection
Rearranging store pages and product categories
Store pages and product categories are displayed as tabs in the store navigation right below the header image, as shown in the image. To rearrange the order of either pages or categories, you can drag and drop each individually on the customization page.
Re-ordering products on your store page
To change the order of products on your store page:
- Go to the Customization editor
- Drag and drop the product cards one-by-one in your preferred order.
Store page layout
Here are the options you can change:
- Product layout in 2 or 3 columns,
- Layout style with rows (products will be placed in a grid) or without rows (products will be placed next to each other tightly),
- Store page background color,
- The number of products displayed on each page.
The color changes are applied to your store page, product pages, checkout page, and download page simultaneously, so you don't need to change every one of them separately.
Here's where you can change the colors on your store:
- To change the store and product pages, download page background color, go to Style > Page Layout in the Customization editor
- To change the Header background color (if you're not using an image), go to Style > Header in the Customization editor
- To change the store menu color, go to Style > Store navigation
Customize the Buy Now buttons on your store page
Here's what aspects of the Buy Now buttons on your storefront you can change:
- Button color
- Text color
- Button corner shape
How to add social media links
To add links to your social media channels:
- Go to Store settings > Customization
- Go to the Your Social links section below
- Enter your social media links as shown in the greyed out examples.
Note: social media usernames will not work, so add full URLs that start with https://..
Q: Can customers search for my products?
A: Sellfy does not have a platform-wide search such as marketplaces like Etsy and eBay. But, customers can search for products in your Sellfy store using the search function. To enable the search function for your store, go to Store settings and turn the toggle switch to green for Store search.
Q: Can customers leave a review in my store?
A: Sellfy does not have an in-built feature for customer reviews but you can sue the Store pages function to add testimonials to your store site.
Q: How can I categorize my products?
A: You can create product categories in your Sellfy account and categorize products individually in the product editor when adding them to your store. Product categories will be displayed directly underneath the store pages.