I can't download .zip or .rar format file
The .zip, .rar, .7z file formats are a special type of compressed folder that may contain one or multiple files.
Here's how to solve some common issues when downloading .zip and .rar files on desktop:
- if the .zip / .rar file shows up as empty, make sure you select the option to 'Save' it on your computer, not 'Open'.
If that doesn't work, try clearing the temporary folders in your browser. Google Search should provide you with the most useful instructions on how to do that for your specific browser and operating system.
- if you get an error which states that the file is corrupt, damaged, or invalid, try downloading again with a stable and fast internet connection. Even small, unnoticeable connection interruptions can produce these errors.
Also, try downloading from a different, updated browser.
When you've successfully downloaded the product file, you'll need to extract or unarchive it to get it in its original size and format.
To extract .zip, .rar, and other archive folders, you need to use special software or apps, for example:
- For Windows, we recommend 7-zip, which is available for free at 7-zip.org.
- For Mac, the extraction process is typically automatic, however, this operating system may not recognize .rar files.
We recommend using The Unarchiver app, which is available for free at the App Store.
- For smartphones and tablets, there are special apps that you'll need to get. Most of them have free versions available.
- If you're using an Android device, refer to Google Play Store.
- If you're using iOS (iPhone, iPad) devices, refer to the App Store.