How to link YouTube annotations to your product
In this article:
What are YouTube annotations?
YouTube annotations are great for sellers who have an active YouTube channel and are looking to advertise their product with their videos.
We have partnered with YouTube so that you can insert your product URL directly into your video to promote it.
Before you can use YouTube annotations, please make sure that: There are a few things you need to do before you can make that happen:
- Your YouTube account is verified.
- Your account is in good standing so that you are eligible for verification You can check the status of your account here.
How to enable YouTube annotations
Note: you can enable annotations only after you have successfully verified your YouTube account.
To set up annotations fo our video:
1. Go to YouTube
2. Enable external annotations under Channel → Status and features that will allow you to link to your Sellfy product page directly
3. Click on Video Manager from the menu on the left.
4. Choose the video you want to add the promotion to, click on the drop-down menu.
5. Choose Cards.
6. In the page that opens, click the blue button Add card.
7. Choose Link and click Create.
8. Add your Sellfy product link and click Next.
9. Then add Card title, Call to action and Teaser text.
10. Click Create card.
Note: Alternatively, you can use the "End screen" feature for your videos. More information on Youtube.