My product won't open
In this article:
Why does my product file not open?
Important! Always read the product description and instructional or Read me files the seller has added on the download page. Typically, they have added instructions for how to open their products and to troubleshoot common issues.
Once you have successfully downloaded the product file to your desktop or mobile device, you should be able to find it in your designated downloads folder. If you are not able to open the downloaded file, there are a number of reasons that may prevent you from accessing the product.
Some examples and solutions are:
You don't have the appropriate application installed to read the file
- If you're not sure what software or app you need, look closely at the product description on the product page to find out what you need for that specific file format. You can also use Google search to understand more about the file format.
Your software is out of date
- Make sure the software installed on your device is up-to-date. You may run an update if needed and try to open the file again.
Your device does not support the file format
- Make sure to open the file on a device which supports the file format. For example, to use Lightroom presets (.lrtemplate files) on Lightroom CC Mobile, you may first need to set them up on the Lightroom CC desktop version.
Note: knowing the product format will help you understand what application you need to open the product file. You can identify the file format by its extension- i.e. productname.pdf means you'll need to use the Adobe Reader or other software designed to read PDF documents.
Can't open audio/video files
Note: Audio and video files are not designed for streaming but must be downloaded and saved on your desktop or device first.
If you're downloading on a smartphone or tablet, you must use the appropriate application to download and save the file to your device. When trying to open the file before you've completed the download, the video or audio might start playing but will stop shortly after.
Audio and video files can be downloaded onto a desktop, too, and will be saved in your downloads folder by default. You'll be able to open and play the file using the right software, i.e. iTunes for audio files or Quickplayer for video files on Mac.
Can't open zip, rar, 7z file format files
Can't open a password protected file
If the file is password protected and you did not receive the password to access the product, please contact the seller directly. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide assistance with password protected files as we didn't create the product and do not have access to the password.
How to contact the product seller
You can contact the seller in two ways:
1. On the Download page by clicking on the Contact link located on the header,
2. On the seller's store page by clicking on the Contact link located below the header.
Finally, if it just doesn't work out, you can apply for a refund. Refer to this article for further instruction.