I can't buy a product
In this article:
What payment methods can I use to buy a product?
Note: Sellfy provides sellers with the option to set up PayPal and Stripe (for credit card payments) for their store checkout, but it's up to the seller which payment methods they choose to offer in their store.
Sellers who use Sellfy can offer two ways for customers to pay for products:
Error messages due to the sellers' store setup
The most frequent reasons for failed purchases are from errors on the seller's end, related to their PayPal account.
Important! If you encounter any of the error messages below, you can reach out to the seller via the contact form on their store and let them know about the issue (shown below). Only the seller can resolve these issues on their PayPal account.
If you receive any of the below error messages while trying to purchase a product, you may reach out to the seller to report the issue to them. If the seller does not provide a Contact Form in their store, you can send us an email at [email protected] and we will notify the seller of the payment issue.
- The primary receiver is based in a country that isn't enabled to send payments using balance.
- Can't Perform The Transaction. The Seller Has Been Notified And Hopefully will Resolve It Soon.
- Account [email protected] is restricted or Account not found. Unilateral receiver not allowed in chained payment is restricted.
- Account [email protected] isn't confirmed by PayPal.
- The receiver [email protected] does not accept payments in this Currency.
- Your payment can't be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again.
Payment error messages from PayPal
Note: Sellfy does not process transactions for sellers. If you're receiving an error that states you need to contact your bank/ PayPal please do so. Or, you may contact the seller to inform them about the error as the issue could be due to their payment settings.
Example error messages are:
This is a temporary PayPal payment error. Unfortunately, there is nothing you or we can do to resolve this issue as this error happens because of some technical problems at PayPal.
We were unable to verify your card. Please review and make sure that the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please enter a different card.
This means that PayPal cannot verify your card and, if the details entered are correct, the only option is to try a different card