In this article:
What is Zapier?
Note: Zapier integration is available for Pro and Pro Plus account owners only.
Zapier is an online automation tool that allows you to connect your favorite apps to automate various tasks without relying on developers or having to do any coding yourself.
The idea is for you to connect apps like Gmail, Slack, MailChimp to automate repetitive tasks. By using Zapier, you will be able to integrate your Sellfy store with more than 750 apps, streamline your selling process and grow your business.
Zapier uses Zaps, also called workflows, to link your apps and start a so-called trigger. The trigger is based on events that you select in your Sellfy account. When that particular event happens in your store it kicks off a workflow in the apps that you've connected. In this way, Zapier automises certain tasks for you in the background without you having to manually keep track.
To successfully create Zaps on Sellfy, you'll need to:
- Sign up for a Zapier account
- Authenticate your Sellfy account using a unique API key
- Select a trigger
- Test the trigger and save it as a configuration in your account
- Add an action
How can I set up Zapier with Sellfy?
Before you can integrate Zapier with Sellfy, you'll need to sign up for a Zapier account. After you've successfully created an account on Zapier, follow the instructions below to set it up in your Sellfy account:
You'll need an API token to authenticate your Sellfy account. Create your unique API token in Zapier integration page on Sellfy before you start integrating Zapier and keep it handy for step 5.
Integrate Zapier and Sellfy
- Log in to your Sellfy account
- Navigate to Integration → Zapier
- Choose any of the predefined Zap templates or create your custom unique one
- Select trigger (If you choose to use a predefined Zap template, the trigger will be chosen for you automatically. If you create your own unique Zap, you can choose a trigger from a list:
- Connect Zapier with Sellfy by clicking Connect an Account
- Enter the unique API key to authenticate your account
- Click Yes, continue
How to create a Zap
Once successfully integrated, you can start creating Zaps (workflows) in your Sellfy account. To create Zaps you'll need to select triggers that will prompt the workflow.
For example, you can trigger different events based on the payment status of an order. You are able to select different options here from the dropdown:
- Completed payment
- Reversed payments
- To trigger an action on all events leave it blank
To finalize the setup of your Zap, you'll need to test the trigger you've selected, and save the configuration.
Once the trigger configuration is complete, you can add an action(s) based on this trigger. An action entails selecting an app from the Zapier directory and triggering a response within the app to set up automation. You can see all the available applications on Zapier here.
For example, you pick an email app (the envelope icon) to receive an email every time a sale is made.
You have created your first Zap, and now you can proceed to create more Zaps depending on your needs!