Facebook Live Chat integration
In this article:
What is the Facebook Messenger Live Chat?
The Facebook Messenger chat plugin allows you to integrate Facebook live chat directly into your store.
This allows your customers to interact with your business anytime with the same personalized, rich-media experience they get in Messenger. Your customer visiting your store will have the option to chat with you, live! Or, if you're not available, you can get back to them later. Messenger will store all messages from your customers.
You'll see all recent chat history through your Facebook Inbox. This means that you can continue the conversation even after they have left your webpage. No need to capture their information to follow up, just use the same conversation in Messenger!
How to set up Facebook Live chat
Important! In order for the chat to work on your store/website, your Facebook page visibility must be set to Published.
To set up your Facebook Live chat, you'll need to complete a few steps in Facebook and Sellfy. These steps will need to be done on a desktop computer, it won't be possible to complete them on a mobile device or smartphone.
- Log into your Facebook Business Suite
- Navigate to Inbox
- Select Chat Plugin
- Select the pencil icon to add your Sellfy store domain
- Enter your domain name and Save
- Select Set Up
- Complete Step 1 and Step 2
- On Step 3: Copy Code, find and copy the Page ID
- Finish the Set Up and select Done
- Before leaving Facebook select Publish to save the added domain
- In your Sellfy account, go to Apps > Facebook Chat
- Paste your Facebook Page ID
- Click Save
How to customize the Messenger Live Chat plugin
You can also customize how your live chat plugin will look like with these options:
- Edit the Greeting message, which is the default message your store visitor will see when they open the chat for the first time.
- Show or hide the chat dialog by default with the Show greeting dialog by default toggle switch. Recommended option = off. When it's turned on, your store visitors will be presented with a large chat window. When turned off, there will be a chat icon that will expand when clicked on.
- Choose whether you want the chat dialog to use your store's color scheme or the default Facebook color scheme.