In this article:
What is the Facebook Messenger Live Chat?
The Facebook Messenger customer chat plugin allows you to integrate Facebook live chat experience directly into your store. This allows your customers to interact with your business anytime with the same personalized, rich-media experience they get in Messenger.
The customer chat plugin automatically loads recent chat history between your customer and your business, which means their recent interactions with your business on messenger.com, in the Messenger app, or in the customer chat plugin on your website will be visible. This helps create a continuous experience for your customers and enables you to continue the conversation even after they have left your webpage. No need to capture their information to follow up, just use the same conversation in Messenger!
How to set up Facebook Live chat on your Sellfy store page
Important! In order for the chat to work on your store/website, your Facebook page visibility must be set to Published.
To set up your Facebook Live chat, you'll need to complete two steps:
- Get your Facebook page ID from your Facebook Business page
- Copy-paste the ID to your Sellfy account
Note: you must use a desktop to set up the Live chat integration, it's not possible to use a mobile device.
Get a Facebook page ID on your Facebook Business page
- Log into your Facebook Business page
- Navigate to Settings > Messenger Platform
- Scroll down to the Customer Chat Plugin section
- Click Set up
- Go to the last step right way as you'll be able to configure everything from your Sellfy account settings
- In the Add website domain name section > add https://sellfy.com
- Click Save
- Copy your Facebook page ID from the field on the right side of the screen > click Finish
Copy-paste the ID to your Sellfy account
To enable the integration and have the Chat window appear on your store page, you'll need to save the Facebook page ID in your Sellfy account. To do this:
- Log into your Sellfy account
- Navigate to Integrations → Facebook Chat
- Copy-paste your Facebook page ID into the entry field (as shown below)
- Click Save
How to customize the Messenger Live Chat plugin
You can also customize how your live chat plugin will look like with these options:
- Edit the Greeting message, which is the default message your store visitor will see when they open the chat for the first time.
- Show or hide the chat dialog by default with the Show greeting dialog by default toggle switch. Recommended option = off. When it's turned on, your store visitors will be presented with a large chat window. When turned off, there will be a chat icon that will expand when clicked on.
- Choose whether you want the chat dialog to use your store's color scheme or the default Facebook color scheme.
Important! Your Facebook page visibility should be set up to "Published" in order for the chat to work on your store/website.
How to set up Facebook Pixel with Sellfy
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website or, in this case, on your Sellfy store site.
Note: you need to have a Pixel set up in your Facebook Ads Manager. If you have not created one yet, please refer to this Facebook Help page for more information and instructions first.
Once you created a Pixel in your Ads Manager, you can integrate it with your Sellfy account. Here's how you can set this up for your store:
- Log into Facebook
- Copy your Pixel ID from your Facebook Ads Manager page (located on the left-hand side upper corner)
- Log in to your Sellfy account
- Go to Integrations → Facebooks Ads
- Paste the Facebook Pixel ID into the Facebook Pixel bar
- Click Save
Now we'll be able to send specific checkout events to Facebook Ads platform. This will enable you to create personalized ads for your customers.
The following events will be sent from Sellfy to Facebook:
- Page view - for each time a customer visits your store or a single product page.
- View content - for each time a customer visits your single product page.
- Add to Cart - for each time a customer adds a product to cart or clicks "Buy now" button on a single product page.
- Initiate checkout - for each time a customer visits the checkout page.
- Purchase - sent once, right after a customer purchases single/multiple items.