Facebook Live Chat integration
In this article:
What is the Facebook Messenger Live Chat?
The Facebook Messenger chat plugin allows you to integrate Facebook live chat directly into your store.
This allows your customers to interact with your business anytime with the same personalized, rich-media experience they get in Messenger. Your customer visiting your store will have the option to chat with you, live!
Worried that you won't always be available? Facebook chat will store all messages from your customers, so you can get back to them later.
The customer chat plugin automatically records and stores the recent chat history between your customer and your business, which means their recent interactions with your business on messenger.com, in the Messenger app, or in the customer chat plugin on your website will be available to you.
This means that you can continue the conversation even after they have left your webpage. No need to capture their information to follow up, just use the same conversation in Messenger!
How to set up Facebook Live chat on your Sellfy store page
Important! In order for the chat to work on your store/website, your Facebook page visibility must be set to Published.
To set up your Facebook Live chat, you'll need to complete two steps. These steps will need to be done on a desktop computer, it won't be possible to complete them on a mobile device or smartphone.
- Get your Facebook page ID from your Facebook Business page
- Copy-paste the ID to your Sellfy account
1. Get a Facebook page ID on your Facebook Business page
- Log into your Facebook Business page
- Navigate to Settings > Messaging
- Scroll down to the Add messenger to your website section
- Click Get started
- Go to the last step right way as you'll be able to configure everything from your Sellfy account settings
- In the Add website domain name section > add https://sellfy.com (or your custom domain if you are using custom domain feature)
- Click Save
- Copy your Facebook page ID from the field on the right side of the screen > click Finish
2. Copy-paste the ID to your Sellfy account
To enable the integration and have the Chat window appear on your store page, you'll need to save the Facebook page ID in your Sellfy account. To do this:
- Log into your Sellfy account
- Navigate to Integrations → Facebook Chat
- Copy-paste your Facebook page ID into the entry field (as shown below)
- Click Save
How to customize the Messenger Live Chat plugin
You can also customize how your live chat plugin will look like with these options:
- Edit the Greeting message, which is the default message your store visitor will see when they open the chat for the first time.
- Show or hide the chat dialog by default with the Show greeting dialog by default toggle switch. Recommended option = off. When it's turned on, your store visitors will be presented with a large chat window. When turned off, there will be a chat icon that will expand when clicked on.
- Choose whether you want the chat dialog to use your store's color scheme or the default Facebook color scheme.