Make your store more accessible to your local audience by changing the store language. Choose from 7 language options or set it to Automatic to change the language based on your customers' browser preferences.
Note: Changes apply to your store and purchase emails ONLY. This will not change the language in your account dashboard.
Store language options
We currently offer 8 language options:
- Automatic (your store language will be changed based on customer preferences. If a translation isn't possible, English will be displayed.)
How to change your store language
The default is set to English for all stores.
Here's how you can change your store language:
- go to Store settings → Features
- find the Store Language option in the list and turn on the toggle switch (it should turn green)
- click Save
Note that some texts will not be translated, so you'll need to change them yourself. Read the sections below for more info.
What exactly changes in your store
Changes will apply to all built-in texts set by Sellfy, such as:
- 'Buy Now', 'Download Now' button texts
- the 'Subscribe to my newsletter' block
- purchase email template texts
- the store checkout page texts (the steps in PayPal/Stripe checkout may or may not be translated. The language there is set by PayPal/Stripe)
Where manual changes are required
You’ll need to manually change all texts that you've entered because the store language feature won't translate them.
For example, you'll need to change:
- store page titles, like 'About', 'Contact', or 'Terms' (change these in Store settings → Pages)
- product categories (change these in Products → Categories)
- purchase email content (change it in Store settings → Email template)
- marketing emails (in Marketing → Email marketing)
- your store title and headline (change this in Store settings → Customization)
- product titles and descriptions
What your customers will see
If necessary, your customers will be able to change the language they see in store view.
When a customer changes the language in store view, it will:
- display the selected language only to that customer, it will not change your default store language
- send the purchase email in the customer's selected language
For example, if your store default language is set to Spanish, but the customer selects English from the drop-down to view your store, they will see your store in English and their purchase email will also be in English.
In store view, the drop-down menu for language selection is located at the bottom of the store page, next to social media icons. (see image below)