Trouble upgrading to a subscription
In this article:
Reasons for errors in transactions
Occasionally, there can be errors that occur during payment when you’re first starting a subscription. These messages can vary a bit depending on the error that’s occurred. Generally, these errors can come from a few things:
- Incorrect Card Information - Putting in the incorrect information can cause the transaction to fail and repeating this transaction could lead to your bank putting a hold on your card.
- Insufficient Funds - This will mean that there weren’t enough funds on the card to cover the full cost of your transaction.
- Possible Fraud - This can be that the transaction was flagged for using possibly fraudulent info, or your card-issuing bank may have flagged the transaction as possible fraud. Sometimes using your card somewhere new can set this off.
- Bank Issued Limitations - Your bank may block charges when it’s a new merchant that you’re buying from, you’ve exceeded your daily limit or even daily amount of transactions. There can be a number of issues that come from the bank that aren’t always made clear to us during the failed transaction.
- PayPal Wallet needs an update - If the card associated with your PayPal needs to be updated, PayPal will block our charge until you’ve been able to log in and update the information on file.
Error messages and recommended actions
“The transaction was declined due to insufficient funds in your account. Please use a different card or contact your bank.”
In this case, you can add more money to your account associated with your card, use PayPal or another card to pay.
“Your card was declined. In order to resolve the issue, you will need to contact your bank.” for CREDIT CARDS
If you’re paying with your credit card, and you see this message, please contact us at [email protected]. We’ll check into things more thoroughly. You may need to contact the bank or try another card or we may be able to help!
“Your card was declined. In order to resolve the issue, you will need to contact your bank.” for PAYPAL
If you’re paying with PayPal, this means that the card in your PayPal wallet was declined. You’ll want to check the card that is saved in your PayPal wallet and update the details. You can also contact PayPal support for help.
“Your card has a temporary hold. Please use a different card or contact your bank.”
This means that the bank will not let us complete the charge, and in this scenario, the card may likely be unable to be used elsewhere as well. You’ll definitely want to call the bank, but a quick fix would be the try the payment through PayPal or with another card.
“Your card is not allowed to complete this transaction. Please contact your bank or try another card.”
This means that the bank won’t allow us to complete the charge and it’s likely that the card has restrictions keeping the transaction from completing. We recommend trying another card or using PayPal to pay.
“We encountered a problem while upgrading your account. Please contact our support to resolve it.”
This means that there may have been a processing error from incorrect card details or such, or perhaps a technical issue collecting the payment. Please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll help!
"You requested recurring payments no longer be accepted on this card. Please update your billing information."
This means you've changed your PayPal billing agreement with us. In your PayPal account, there will a list of any subscriptions including Sellfy. You'll want to check your list of subscriptions and make sure that we can bill you on a recurring basis.
If you see an error message that you can’t find above, feel free to contact our support. We’re happy to help! You can reach us at [email protected].
If your card is being declined we do not recommend trying it repeatedly. Some banks will place your card on hold, blocking all transactions until you contact them. This can be very inconvenient, unfortunately!
If you are having trouble with your card, use PayPal. It can be an easy way to pay! You can always update your billing details later on at any time.