Facebook Ads integration
In this article:
How to set up Facebook Pixel with Sellfy
The Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website or, in this case, on your Sellfy store site.
Once you created a Pixel in your Facebook Ads Manager, you can integrate it with your Sellfy account. If you have not created one yet, please refer to this Facebook Help page for more information and instructions first.
To integrate an existing Pixel with your store:
- Log into Facebook
- Copy your Pixel ID from your Facebook Ads Manager page (located on the left-hand side upper corner)
- Log in to your Sellfy account
- Go to Integrations → Facebooks Ads
- Paste the Facebook Pixel ID into the Facebook Pixel bar
- Click Save
Now we'll be able to send specific checkout events to the Facebook Ads platform. This will enable you to create personalized ads for your customers.
What events does Sellfy track?
Important! In order to properly track the following events on your Sellfy store, you will need to verify or confirm domain ownership in your Facebook Business Manager.
Sellfy will automatically track the following events and relay them to your Facebook Pixel analytics.
- Page view - for each time a customer visits your store or a single product page.
- View content - for each time a customer visits your single product page.
- Add to Cart - for each time a customer adds a product to the cart or clicks the "Buy now" button on a single product page.
- Initiate checkout - for each time a customer visits the checkout page.
- Purchase - sent once, right after a customer purchases single/multiple items.
How do I verify or confirm domain ownership in Business Manager?
There are a few ways to confirm your domain ownership through the Facebook Business Manager, but the one that is most recommended is adding a meta tag to the head code section of your Sellfy store. Please note that these instructions are modified for the application to your Sellfy store, specifically.
Add a meta tag to the
<head> section of your domain home page
The Meta Tag Verification tab of your selected domain provides the meta tag you need to add to your domain home page.
- Add the meta tag containing your verification code to the head code section in the General settings of your Sellfy Store customizer.
- Once you've published and saved the tag in your head code section in Sellfy, return to Business Manager to click the Verify button at the bottom of the Meta Tag Verification tab for the selected domain.
- Leave the meta tag on your domain home page as it may be checked periodically for verification purposes.
For more methods of verification or for more information on this process, please read Verifying Your Domain by Facebook.