How to use the product description editor?
In this article:
Options in the Product description editor
Note: It is not currently possible to enter custom HTML in the product description.
The editor allows you to add these elements to your product description:
- Bold and italic text formatting
- Bulleted or numbered lists
- Horizontal separator line
- Clickable links and hyperlinked text
- Emojis (on Mac computers, by clicking ctrl+command+space, on Windows 10 or newer, by clicking on Windows key + period)
Here's an example of what you can do with the product description editor:
To preview the changes you're making to your product, click on the eye icon below the Save product button. This will take you to the product page and allow you to see how the product will appear for your customers.
Using links in the Product description
In your product description, you can also add links to external sites or your other Sellfy product pages.
There are two ways to add links in the product description:
- By copy-pasting the URL in the description - the URL will automatically become hyperlinked, as shown below.
- By hyperlinking some text:
- Select the text you want to hyperlink
- Click on the link icon in the product description editor
- In the Insert link pop-up, enter the full URL of the site
And here's the result:
Keyboard shortcuts for editing purposes
To make things a little easier while you're in editing mode, here's a list of the available keyboard shortcuts while editing or creating your product:
|Ctrl + B or Cmd ⌘ + B||Apply Bold to selected text|
|Ctrl + I or Cmd ⌘ + I||Apply Italic to selected text|
|Tab||Used for lists, increases sub-level nest.|
|Shift + Tab||Used for lists, decreases sub-level nest.|
|Ctrl + S or Cmd ⌘ + S||Save/create a product|
Have any suggestions?
We're always happy to receive feedback and suggestions! Please connect with us via email [email protected] and let us know what other options you'd like to have.