How to recover an expired subscription
In this article:
Why is my subscription expired?
Important! Products will only be saved for 30 after your subscription has expired. After 30 days have passed, any hosted product files will be deleted. It is not possible to recover these files once they have been deleted.
If you've logged in to your account but your store is not active, it means that your current subscription has expired.
Your subscription will expire if the monthly payment and/or fees associated with your subscription plan weren't covered at the beginning of your new billing cycle. As a result, you've missed the payment covering the monthly cost of keeping your subscription and store active.
Here's a list of possible scenarios that can result in missing a payment:
- Your account did not have sufficient funds
- You changed bank providers
- Issues related to your PayPal account
- You accidentally canceled recurring payments through PayPal
The above are potential causes and not a finite list of reasons that apply in cases of missed payments. Regardless of the cause, if Sellfy is unable to collect the monthly payment from your account, your subscription will expire. If you fail to make the due payment within the dunning period (14 days), your account subscription will end and your store will be disabled.
If your subscription has expired, you'll see a red banner at the top of your Dashboard when logged in.
What happens if I miss a payment?
If you miss a payment for any reason, your store will not be closed immediately. Your account will be subject to expiration only after 14 days of non-payment. Sellfy allows for a 14-day dunning period during which you will receive emails urging you to pay the due invoice.
Here's how it works:
- As usual, when a new billing cycle begins, an invoice is sent to your email. Plus, you can see your previous and pending charges and their status in the Billing history subsection of the Billing section of your account.
- If you fail to pay the due invoice on the 1st day of collection, then we try to collect the payment repeatedly during the 14 day dunning period.
- On the 14th day of non-payment, your subscription expires, your store is disabled and you are required to start over with a new upgrade. However, your products and all previous data stay intact in our system for 30 more days.
What is a dunning period?
A dunning period is a time during which we try to communicate and resolve payment problems with you after you've missed a payment. Sellfy provides this 14-day period to rectify any payment-related issues without penalizing the account owner (disabling the store). As mentioned in the previous section, we'll send you reminders to pay the due invoice in order to avoid having to deactivate your store.
How to recover an expired account
Recovering an expired account is absolutely possible and we'd love to have you continue using Sellfy. So, let's get your account reactivated and your store open to start selling again.
To reactivate your account and store, you'll want to complete two steps:
- Pay the overdue bill
- Start a new subscription
Both steps can be completed in the Billing section of your Sellfy account.
Note: You must update the payment information section in your Sellfy account before you can start a new subscription. You can use the exact same payment method and information as before but you'll have to re-enter and save it first.
To pay the overdue bill and start a new subscription to re-activate your account, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Sellfy account
- Navigate to Account > Billing
- Click Update to the right of Payment Information
- Re-enter your payment information
- Once filled in, click Update at the bottom to save the information
- Select a new plan in your billing section or on the Sellfy Pricing page or in your Sellfy account
Once you've successfully completed the above steps, and we've collected the due invoice, your store will be activated.