Download and stream purchases - desktop
In this article:
Quick fixes for common errors
Note: knowing the product format will help you understand what application you need to open the product file. You can identify the file format by its extension- i.e. productname.pdf means you'll need to use the Adobe Reader or other software designed to read PDF documents.
If you're having trouble with your product using a desktop, make sure you:
- Have a strong and stable Internet connection - this is one of the most common causes for downloading errors. If your connection is slow or interrupted, you may need to wait longer or try multiple times using up your download attempts.
- Use an updated browser - we highly recommend using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the best results. Avoid using Internet Explorer.
- Check the file size - file sizes (especially larger than 1GB) can be problematic if you don't have a strong and stable connection. To download files successfully, make sure you've got a fast and steady internet connection. Also, close all other browsers, tabs, and programs.
- Check the file format - you can see the file format on the download page, just below the product title. Make sure to open the file using an application on your desktop that supports the file format, i.e. Adobe Reader for .pdf files or Lightroom for .lrtemplate and .dng files.
- Check for READ ME files - most sellers will provide instructions or a READ ME file with their product or even a Youtube channel with tutorials.
- Check the product availability - make sure to check if the product is available for download. If you purchased a video or audio file, the seller might have provided a streaming option only.
The product is not working/does not open
Important! Always read the product description and instructional Read Me files the seller has added on the download page. Typically, they will provide instructions on how to open product files and troubleshoot common issues.
Downloading audio/video files
Audio and video files can be downloaded onto a desktop and will be saved in your Downloads folder by default. You'll be able to open and play the file using the right software, i.e. iTunes for audio files or Quickplayer for video files on Mac.
For troubleshooting issues with playing audio/video on Mac devices, please refer to Apple's Help guide here.
The applicable software to access the file may differ depending on whether you're using a Mac or PC.
Note: if you're the first one to purchase a streamable video, it can take a few minutes for the video to start streaming while the function is enabled in the background.
If you're having trouble streaming the video using a desktop, please make sure to:
- Check your internet connection - to stream videos seamlessly, especially files 1GB or larger, you need to have a strong and stable internet connection.
- Use the correct browser - videos cannot be streamed using Internet Explorer. If you are a Microsoft user, to view the streaming video, please use the new Microsoft Edge or any other browser.
- Check for ad-blockers - disable ad-blockers to allow the streaming function to work properly.
- Do a software update - make sure your software is up-to-date.
Zip, rar, 7z file format files
Windows - We recommend 7-zip for customers using Windows, which is available for free at 7-zip.org. If you're able to download and then need to decompress or "unzip" the file, you can also upload the file to Google Drive, which has recommended and free Google Drive "extensions" for decompressing and using your file.
Apple Mac - For Mac users, the extraction process is typically automatic. However, if the operating system does not recognize .rar files, we recommend using The Unarchiver app, which is available for free at the App Store. If you're able to download and then need to decompress or "unzip" the file, you can also upload the file to Google Drive, which has recommended and free Google Drive "extensions" for decompressing and using your file.
Google Drive - If you don't want to install additional software on your desktop, you can try using Google Drive to unzip the compressed folder. First, download the folder to your desktop. Then upload the file to your Google Drive and open it in the Drive. There will be tools automatically suggested for opening it. You can then access the files or download the decompressed version.
- Make sure you select the option to Save it on your computer, not Open.
- If that doesn't work, try clearing the temporary folders in your browser. Google Search should provide you with the most useful instructions on how to do that for your specific browser and operating system.
- Try downloading it again with a stable and fast internet connection. Even small, unnoticeable connection interruptions can produce these errors. Also, try downloading from a different, updated browser.
The product is password-protected
If the file is password protected and you did not receive the password to access the product, please contact the seller. Unfortunately, Sellfy cannot offer assistance with password-protected files as we didn't create the product and do not have access to the password.
Here are different ways how you can contact a seller:
- Go to the download page and press Contact in the top left corner to send them a message.
- Go to their store page/website and press Contact to fill out the contact form.
- Refer to the product description to see if they offer a support email to contact them.
- Visit their social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to send them a message.