Can't upload a product file
In this article:
Why can't I upload my product?
There are a number of reasons why you're unable to successfully upload a new product file. One of the most common reasons, however, is related to the browser.
Outdated browsers like Internet Explorer, for example, may not be able to process all the functionality causing problems like a file download pop-up while you're trying to upload a file.
Common error messages
Some examples of the most common error messages when a product is failing to upload, with suggested solutions, are listed below. If you're still not able to upload your file, please email us at [email protected].
Error: "File upload failed. Please try again later"
This error may mean a few things:
- Your product file exceeds the maximum file size limit. If it's a little over 5GB, you may try compressing your product file into a .zip or .rar archive. If it's a lot larger, you'll need to split the file into multiple parts and use the multiple file upload feature.
- It may also mean that the upload failed on our end. In this case, the solution is to rename the file and try uploading again like that. Try replacing all the spaces in the file name with either . (dot) - (hyphen) or _ (underscore)
Error: "There was a problem uploading your image. Please try to upload a different image."
- Only .png and .jpg (or .jpeg) formats are allowed to be uploaded as product images. All other formats are not applicable.
- Make sure that the file is reasonably sized.
Error: "Please upload file first."
This error may appear when the upload progress bar is at 100% and you try to save the product.
- Even though it may seem that the upload is completed, sometimes, with larger files, it may not be the case. Wait until the blue 'Replace product file' text appears where the progress bar used to be and then try saving the product again.