How does upselling work?
In this article:
What is upselling?
Upselling is a great tool to leverage your store revenue and customer experience. It allows you to offer customers exclusive deals or related products while they are shopping in your store. The upsell will work both on your store page as well as on individual product pages. You can read more about this feature on our blog.
Important! The feature is available for Pro and Pro Plus users only. It's not available in the Sell Downloads app or in any of our discontinued plans.
How to set up the Upselling feature
Note: To set up the Upselling feature, you first need to enable the Shopping Cart feature in your store.
Once you've enabled the shopping cart for your site, you're ready to set up the Upselling feature for your store. Here's how:
- Log in to your Sellfy account
- Navigate to Marketing → Upsell
- Click Add new upsell
- Enter a name for the deal (so it's easier to keep track of it)
- Select which product(s) your customer has to buy to get access to the exclusive deal. For the customer, the upsell pop-up window will be displayed when they add any one of these products to the Shopping Cart
- Choose the product which will be offered as the exclusive deal. It will be displayed in the upsell pop-up.
- Enter the discount amount and expiration date of this deal. You can also set the discount to 100% to upsell a product for free.
- Type in a clear and concise message to be displayed in the upsell pop-up window. The message can be up to 140 signs long, and we suggest keeping it even shorter.
Here are some examples to get you started:
"Special Christmas offer 50% off Commercial Licence!"
"24 hours left to get THIS e-book for free!"
"Very special offer just for you! 50% off!"
- Click Save to activate the offer
What does the Upselling feature look like?
When a customer is visiting your store adding a product to their shopping cart that you've linked to the upsell feature, the upsell pop-up window is displayed offering the exclusive deal you attached to the product.
They can either add it to their cart along with the initial product they chose or decline the offer. If the customer adds the offered product, it is displayed in the cart as shown below:
If for any reason, the customer removes the initially chosen product from the cart, the discount on the upsold product is removed. It means the discount is active only if the customer purchases a regular product from your store. Here's how the change will be reflected in the cart: