How to add discounts?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What types of discounts can I use?
- How to create a coupon code?
- How to run a sale?
- Discount prioritization
- Minimum product price & adjusted discount
- How can I track Coupon codes?
What types of discounts can I use?
- Offer a specific discount on one of your items
- Issue a discount on multiple products
- Create a discount on all products in your store
- Offer free products (100% off)
Note: all discount types currently accept only a percentage (%) off, it's not yet possible to set it to a specific amount of money.
You can overview all your discounts at any time in the Discounts section. There, you'll find information about all discounts, number of products affected, usage stats and expiration date. There, you can edit each discount, change its name or remove it altogether.
Note: Discount names are private (only you can see them) and can be used to categorize discounts by theme.
To add a coupon code:
- Navigate to Marketing → Discounts in the left sidebar.
- Click the Add new discount button and select Coupon.
- Create a unique name for your discount.
- Choose what products should be affected by this discount. You can select one, multiple or all products.
- Add a coupon code that your buyers will have to enter at the checkout to get a discount.
- Alternatively, you may send them a link where the coupon code is already applied at the checkout.
- To create this link, type in a minus (-) and then the coupon code at the end of the product page URL. So, change the URL from this: https://sellfy.com/p/4yrt/ to this: https://sellfy.com/p/4yrt/-30OFF/
- You can also set an expiration date for the discount.
- Finally, press Create to make the discount instantly available to your buyers.
Note: Discount codes are NOT case sensitive, which means that the code "25OFF" will also work if written like this "25off".
Note: The coupon code field will only be visible at the checkout for items that have an active discount. To remove the coupon code field from the checkout, remove the discount for that item.
To run a sale:
Note: If you run a sale for a product that previously had
- Coupon code
- Sale of a specific product
- Sale of all products
Minimum product price & adjusted discount
Note: When product price after discount is below the $0.90 minimum, we display adjusted discount on product page and checkout.
Coupon code tracking
Whenever a customer uses one of your coupon codes, the coupon name is reported in the Orders export.
This feature can be used for a simplified affiliate program - you can create coupon codes for affiliates to offer to their audiences, and, in your Orders list, you'll be able to see how many sales were generated by that affiliate.
To export your Orders list:
- Go to Overview → Orders
- Click the blue Export button
- Click on the generated Order export in the list to download it (if you have a large volume of sales, it may take a few minutes for it to appear)
- Open the spreadsheet in Excel / Google Sheets / Numbers to see the data
- You'll find the Discount type and Coupon name columns to the far right of the spreadsheet