Resolving errors with PayPal
If you’re experiencing some issues with PayPal payments, please make sure that:
- Your PayPal account is verified, and your credit card is associated with the account;
- Your PayPal account is linked to your Sellfy account;
- The country where you're located allows PayPal transactions both for selling and buying. (If you’re a seller located in India you’ll be able to sell on Sellfy only if you use the Professional plan.)
Here are the most common issues with linking your PayPal account to your Sellfy store.
1. I have a new PayPal email address, how can I update the changes on my Sellfy account?
You can change your PayPal email address in Store settings - Payment options.
2. "The primary receiver is based in a country that isn't enabled to send payments using balance"
This error message appears when you're located in a country where PayPal does not support payments.
3. "Account [email protected] isn't confirmed by PayPal"
To solve this, you need to log into your PayPal account and confirm the information you have provided. If you can't figure out what's missing, write directly to PayPal for guidance.
4. "The receiver [email protected] does not accept payments in this Currency"
PayPal requires you to have the correct currency option set up to receive the payment. In other words, you can sell your products only in the same currency as your PayPal account.
So, for example, if your PayPal account is set to operate with USD, but you wish to sell your products in Swedish Krone (SEK), you'll need to enable SEK in your PayPal account.
How to add another currency:
- Log in to your PayPal website at www.paypal.com. The My Account Overview page opens.
- Click the Profile subtab. The Profile Summary page opens.
- In the Financial Information column, click the Currency Balances link. The Manage Currencies page opens.
- Select a currency name from the Select new currency drop-down menu and click the Add Currency button. The Manage Currencies page confirms that you added a currency balance and displays it in the Currency list.
6. "Your payment can't be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again."
You need to follow these steps to remedy the situation:
- Log into your PayPal Account;
- Click ‘Profile’;
- Click ‘More Options’;
- Select ‘My Selling Tools’;
- Click ‘Block Payments’;
- Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section;
- Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option;
- Click ‘Save’.
If the problem persists, it is because the credit card your customer is using is associated with an existing Paypal account, and the transaction will always fail.
7. "Account [email protected] is restricted" OR
"Account Account not found. Unilateral receiver not allowed in chained payment is restricted"
You should check your Sellfy settings that your PayPal email address is correct ( Settings - Payment options). Try using another PayPal email address or payment method.
8. "Internal error"
This is a temporary PayPal payment error. Unfortunately, there is nothing you or we can do to resolve this issue as this error happens because of some technical problems at PayPal.
Note: If you're the buyer of a product and receive one of these errors, there is nothing in this article that may be helpful to you. PayPal errors can be resolved by the product seller only.