How to manage Sellfy analytics
In this article:
Where do I find my Sellfy analytics section?
For creators wanting to grow their sales, making better decisions needs to be at the center of their overall business activities.
In order to make better decisions, you must first understand your current performance. Analytics data offer invaluable insights that can aid in directing your decisions to increase revenue thus making your business more successful.
Sellfy provides quantitative built-in analytics that may be useful in helping you understand where in your business you need to make changes to promote business growth.
To view your Sellfy analytics, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Sellfy account
- Navigate to Overview → Analytics
Note: By default, the analytics section will show data for the last 30 days. You can select any other date range in the top right corner on the page.
What data does Sellfy collect and provide?
Our in-built analytics offer insight into your store activity so that you can better understand your customer's behaviour.
- Visits - We track store visits as unique visits and don't track product views as a separate visit. Each visitor registers as a single visit.
Important: the traffic source and date visited will influence Visits statistics. For example, if a visitor clicks twice on the link via Twitter, it will count as a single visit (identical traffic source and date). If the same visitor, on the same day, opens the link via Facebook it will count as an additional visit (same day but different traffic source).
- Purchases - Displays the amount of placed orders in a certain period. If a customer purchased 4 products in a single transaction, it will be shown as 1 purchase.
- Conversions - The percentage of how many store visits resulted in actual purchases.
- Revenue - Shows the total revenue generated during a certain period of time. The total number includes tax and transaction fees.
This section is sorted by revenue and shows you which products have been most successful in your store.
This section offers a list of traffic sources based on different channels associated with social, direct, emails or search.
This section shows you where your store visitors are purchasing from. This is useful in targeting your efforts to a specific region or regions.
How do I interpret my sales analytics correctly?
Analytics data can provide powerful insight into how customers behave and interact on your site.
To make the most out of your analytics tool, we recommend monitoring the data closely during different activities, after implementing changes in your product presentation, etc.
Different activities and changes could be, for example:
- You are having a sale in your store or offering a discount for a certain product
- You are running Facebook ads or sharing your store/product page link on social media
- You've updated your product description
- You launched a new product
- You are running an Email Marketing campaign
One of the most effective ways to use analytics is to measure performance during different business activities and see how they may affect the revenue of your store.
In order to evaluate the effectiveness of recouping advertising channels and other marketing strategies you may monitor conversion rates, traffic sources etc.in your Sellfy analytics section over a certain period of time.