How to sell music on Sellfy
In this article:
Can I sell my music on Sellfy?
Yes, absolutely. Sellfy supports any type of downloadable format, including audio files. So, if you're a music creator and want to start selling your tracks, here's a list of ways to do so using Sellfy:
- Build a Sellfy-based storefront. Click here to learn more about how to design your own store on Sellfy.
- Embed Sellfy on your existing website. Check out our blog post to learn more about How to sell music & MP3s from your website in 4 easy steps.
- Embed Sellfy on your Soundcloud account. Head to the next section for instructions.
- Any other platforms that allow product page links.
Sell audio files on Soundcloud
If you already have a SoundCloud profile with followers and fans, selling your music directly on SoundCloud makes sense. SoundCloud allows you to insert the product page URL from your Sellfy account into your SoundCloud account.
To be able to sell your tracks on SoundCloud using Sellfy, you first need to create a Sellfy account. You can sign up for a 14-day free trial to test out the platform first. However, you need to upgrade to one of our subscription plans to activate the checkout option and enable your fans to purchase your tracks.
Once you've created a Sellfy account, you can start uploading the tracks you want to sell to your audience. Your audio files must be uploaded to your Sellfy account to create a product page URL that you can then insert on your SoundCloud profile. After you uploaded the file(s), you'll be able to find it in your Products list and simply copy-paste the product page URL into the relevant section on your SoundCloud account.
Note: While you can upload files and try out Sellfy's features during the trial period, the checkout is available in test mode only. The store checkout is activated once you upgrade to a paid plan.
To find your product page URL, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Products > Digital Products
- From your list, select the relevant product
- Click the 3 dots > Share & embed
- The action will prompt a pop-up window
- Click Copy to the right of the link
- Paste the copied URL in your SoundCould account
Paste the URL in SoundCloud
You need to paste the product page link retrieved from Sellfy into your SoundCloud profile as shown below. For more detailed instructions, please visit the article Adding a Buy link and Title published by SoundCloud Help Center.
Sell audio files on other platforms
Essentially, you can use the product page link from your Sellfy account to sell your music on any other site as long as the site allows for this option in its settings.
Check out our blog post to learn more about How to sell music & MP3s from your website in 4 easy steps.